How to Make your own Snow Gauge
What you need:
1 (1L) plastic bottle, wrapper removed
1 long wooden stick (at least a metre in length)
Sharpie or other permanent marker
3 rubber bands
1. Cut the top off the plastic bottle
2. Measure a piece of duct tape the length of your plastic bottle, lay your ruler next to it and with your permanent marker, draw marks in centimetres or inches.
3. Tape the piece of duct tape lengthwise on your plastic bottle.
4. Secure your bottle to the top half of your wooden stick by wrapping 3 rubber bands around it.
5. Place your snow gauge in your lawn outside to collect snow.