In honour of this week’s exciting cosmic event, we’re devoting every day to one of the four planets that we’ll be able to see in the night sky! First up, Venus. Let’s start with a little video that explains a little more about the mysterious planet:
Here are some of the facts about the planet Venus:
1) The Planet Venus is the second closest planet to the sun.
2) It is located between our Earth and Mercury.
3) It is named after the Roman goddess of love and beauty.
4) At its closest, Venus is 41,840,000 km away from the Earth.
5) Venus and Earth are close together in space and similar in size, which is the reason Venus is called Earth’s sister planet.
If you’d like to learn about all the planets, stars, and wonders of our universe, check out Andy Camper’s fun outdoor activities for kids that have everything to do with The Night Sky!
What do you think about Venus? Pretty cool, huh?Tags: Activities, fun, kids, outdoor, planets, solar system, stars, venus