Are you looking for a last minute gift? Making homemade gifts allows you to give someone you care about something unique, personal and most importantly, it shows that you took the time to make them something really special.
Spice up your holiday gifts by using these ornaments as a decoration in place of the typical bow or ribbon, or simply give them to friends and loved ones as tree ornaments. They smell delicious. Even better, it doubles up as a fun afternoon activity where you can get your hands messy!
What you need:
1 cup of regular applesauce (not the chunky variety)
1 1/2 cups of ground cinnamon
1/3 cup of white glue
Assorted cookie cutters
1. In a mixing bowl, stir together ingredients. Form the mixture into a ball, wrap it in plastic and chill for at least 30 minutes until the ‘dough’ hardens.
2. Sprinkle more cinnamon on a cutting board and turn the chilled dough onto it. Dust a rolling pin with cinnamon and use it to roll our the dough to a 1/4-inch thickness.
3. Cut out decorative shapes with assorted cookie cutters, then use a plastic drinking straw to make a hole through the top center of each cut out.
4. Let the ornaments air-dry completely before stringing them with ribbon.
5. Dress up with ornaments as you wish with paint, pipe cleaners, bows, pompoms, etc.Tags: christmas, crafts, homemade, Kids Activities